Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Driving and Fishing

Click on the photos for larger view Driving from Wellington to Rotorua on Monday the light was perfect (raining and grey) and I made many photographs. These three around Hunterville.

At Taupo I saw these fishermen and made the photograph through the windscreen because it was still teaming down with rain.

Just by coincidence I had been looking at this photo of a fisherman taken in Wanganui about 6 weeks ago. I like the image because it is ageless (except for the plastic bucket). The man's coat could have been 100 years old. It was also shot from the car as I drove by and the angle adds to the snap shot feel (perhaps a box brownie in the 1920s?). This is the charm of photography and this picture is really growing on me.


4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful but I have a curiosity that why most of them you put in the gray color? Why don't keep in real color?

    New Zealand is beautiful, I hope I can visit there in future ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ones of the fishermen - particularly the last one. Angles are very much a key part of composition for me - I'm definitely a disciple of David Seymour, one of the original Magnum photographers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tease. Your eye is still on the case and I thank you for taking the time to share your images. Painting with light is fun and B&W has a charm that colour images miss. lets see some more. Deane

    ReplyDelete