Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lambton Quay Ghosts

Click on photos for larger viewI'm heading to Northern India next month and have just arrived home from getting the necessary jabs for the trip. The travel doctor is on Lambton Quay so I hung around for a while and made these photographs. These people appear to have a ghost crossing their tracks. My arm is sore.

I love these passing moments with total strangers. It's as if there is a play being put on for me. This is my favourite photograph for the day.

Bus stops are a good place to lurk because they are crowded and people ignore strange men with cameras. I'll probably throw this picture away because it's weaker than the others and has no mystery, although I like the balance between her arm and his body. Sometimes a picture can be about the shapes between objects. Getting this balance is very hard with moving people and this picture has worked well. If you click on the photo you'll see he has a gangster face and is smoking with little plastic holder.
Wellington buses (in the background) call themselves GO. How corny is that! I think there could be a little essay of street photographs with a big GO in every picture.

1 comment:

  1. simple , treat of a some kind watching some unknown people passing by

    ReplyDelete