Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Marching Lady

Click on images for larger viewLos Angeles 1975. I love the moment of the marching lady when she swings her arm a little higher. In those days I stalked people and waited for these moments. I was a hunter with a camera and isolated my quarry.

Wellington 2010. These days I wait and watch for images to appear in front of me. When they do it's like a gift from the gods.

Last Sunday I went to the Gay and Lesbian 'Out in the Square' for a bit of old fashioned stalking. There were colourful excited people everywhere but it didn't work, and I saw nothing other than the ordinary. As I left I shot the playing child, which I like. It was the best I could do with my older eyes.

2 comments:

  1. "I was a hunter with a camera and isolated my quarry...." that's a bit on the nose Julian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me. I often used the nose to focus my range finder Leica.

    ReplyDelete