Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Makara 02

Click on image for larger viewThe photograph above taken in 2003 and below yesterday. Not sure if I like the colour.

Makara has been magical lately with the rainy soft light. It takes time to develop a sense of place and Makera has a cycle of light which I've watched for years. It will rain for three days and the tree bark (in the forest at the tops) turns black. Then the mist comes in about 3pm when the sun is low in the west. The trees and hills becomes contrasty with back light and the magical photographs leap out. I'll find some early forest photos to show what I meen.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's how you look at and also process color, certain images simply don't deal well as we saw on monday, on the other hand, the masters did play with color in the labs and with a variety of film stocks and lenses, be bold Julian, be bold :)

    ReplyDelete