Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

India 6

Click on images for larger view I am a great fan of Walker Evans and the work he was doing in Cuba in the 1930s. This place and my photographs reminds me of his work. It is so so different to working in NZ and both places have totally different challenges for me. NZ is such a guarded and suspicious society effected by political correctness, yet feels very safe. This place is very open, free and accepting, yet with an element of danger. Anything goes here and people live for the moment, it appears. Certainly there is no PCness here, which I enjoy. Dogs run free, narrow roads become five lanes and the police carry long canes to control excited students.





1 comment:

  1. Bravo lad, i am sure you wish you had your leica on board but don't fret, I am trying to spend as much time in Wellie as poss and cover as many street scenes as I can, wish we had rented your abode for the duration, next time :) travel safe you hear, hugs to diana and you from emily and me.

    ReplyDelete